About Me

Minneapolis, MN, United States
I am a 22 year old who is new to blogging so readers beware. I live in Minnesota for all of my life and hopefully one day change that. Other then that I am your average early 20's girl. I like to hang out with my friends, party on Friday nights and enjoying being young.

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Tag Cloud

I just read this article called "Tagging the Web" by Stephan Spencer and I have to say it was interesting.

I just learned about tagging by cataloging my book collection on librarything.com. It is really amazing how tagging works. You the user can create a tag using any word that represent an idea, thing, or person, and that tag is a visual representation of that word. On librarything.com I have just started to tag my books that I have listed but looking at others tags has give me ideas and help me broaden my own list. After tagging a book, I can go to the book's page on librarything.com and see what is the most popular tag. It also can lead me to other books that might be interesting for me to read.

I am really enjoying tagging and tag clouds. I am finding them very useful and visually stimulating.

No comments: